- Adheres to hand hygiene and infection control procedures on a consistent basis when interacting with customers.
- Assures the necessary food and service equipment/utensils are secured for the assigned area prior to meal service.
- Assembles and serves meals according to diet orders, menus, and patient / guest specific requirements.
- Maintains food safety and quality as mandated by PA Department of Health/Allegheny County Health Department/PA Department of Welfare (where applicable)
- Adheres to department procedures regarding the operation of all food service equipment.
- Performs sanitation for the assigned work areas in accordance with departmental procedures and health department guidelines.
- May also perform the following job responsibilities based on Facility/Department requirements:
- Inventories and stocks bulk supplies, following established procedures and designated timeframes.
- Patient Service Specific Responsibility:
- Serves patient meal tray using the designated department script, to include proper patient identification.
- Bus tables and sanitize tables and chairs.
- Deliver meals to residents' rooms when requested.
- Set tables for the following meal according to the Food Service Guidelines Manual.
- Work permit required if under 18 years old.
- Must be at least 16 years old
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.